Stephan is an accomplished attorney with a significant track record of handling bet-the-company matters, including trademark and copyright, GDPR and CCPA compliance, privacy and
data integrity, business transactions, contract negotiations, corporate governance, product
liability, labor and employment, pharmaceutical, health effects, and consumer matters.
Stephan serves as outside general counsel to businesses and is adept at leveraging technology
in all phases of representation to maximize client benefit, increase efficiency, and reduce costs.
His recent work in the digital space has covered CCPA and GDPR preparedness, technology and
development agreements, API licensing, data security and privacy implications of cross-border
applications, social media strategy, and the creation and governance of interactive law issues
such as data storage and migration, user generated content, and social media risk mitigation.
Stephan spent the first fifteen years of his career as a class action litigator in both large and
boutique law firms. In 2013, he founded a solo corporate and business practice focusing on the
technology and arts communities in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Among other accomplishments, Stephan has:
- Managed substantial trademark portfolios for technology firms, a publishing
company, and a professional wrestling league;
- Managed all legal work associated with the founding and launch of numerous
- Served as outside general counsel for business clients with regard to all legal
matters, including GDPR, CCPA, and HIPAA compliance, trademark and other
intellectual property, contracting, licensing, and employment;
- Represented start-up and established companies regarding websites and creation of
their internal and external privacy and social media policies;
- Represented clients in technology, data security, and privacy compliance matters
related to products and online presence.