Jeffrey has 25 years of experience representing clients in connection with a broad range of corporate business transactions. His practice focuses on domestic and cross-border mergers & acquisitions, corporate business transactions, outside general counsel, private equity, distressed transactions, high-net-worth individual representations, corporate governance and general corporate matters.
Jeffrey's hands-on approach to each transaction has earned him a strong reputation among clients as a strategic, thoughtful and highly practical business adviser.
Jeffrey's clients have involved him in a wide range of industry sectors, including computer software, Internet services, energy, mining and precious gemstones, cable and satellite television, radio, film and entertainment, telecommunications, publishing, casinos, finance, health care and biotechnology, real estate, consumer goods, art and railcars.
Prior to joining Bailey Duquette as a partner, Jeffrey was a partner with Dentons, the world's largest law firm. Prior to that, he was a partner with Hogan & Hartson (now Hogan Lovells).
Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, Yeshiva University (JD, magna cum laude)
George Washington University (BBA, Finance, magna cum laude)
- Representation of Carl C. Icahn in connection with numerous acquisitions and contests of control of various companies, including Tropicana Entertainment, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Federal Mogul, Marvel Entertainment and RJR Nabisco.
- Representation of Hiperos, a leading provider of third party management software, to Opus Global, a company controlled by GCTR, a private equity firm.
- Representation of Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited, a Thai public company and a leading petrochemical manufacturer of wool yarns, in connection with its $225 million acquisition of China- and Hong Kong-based Performance Fibers from an affiliate of Sun Capital Partners, a private equity firm.
- Representation of Capital Power in connection with its $541 million sale of three New England combined cycle, natural gas-fired power generation facilities totaling 1,050 megawatts of generating capacity.
- Representation of IHI Corporation in connection with its acquisition of US renewable energy assets.
- Representation of TheBigSpace Ltd., a consumer engagement and RFID technology services company, to Century Solutions, a Chinese public company.
- Representation of numerous growth companies in connection with debt and equity financings.
- Corporate representation of Tropicana Casino and Resort in connection with its acquisition of gaming assets from Atlantic Club Casino via a Section 363 sale.
- Corporate representation of Titan Outdoor Holdings, Inc., the largest transit advertising company, in connection with its out-of-court reorganization and restructuring.
- Corporate representation in numerous Chapter 11 cases and Section 363 auction sales, including: Movie Gallery (plan sponsor), Young Broadcasting (debtor), Freemont General (plan sponsor), Hancock Fabrics (plan sponsor); Urban Brands (largest unsecured creditor) and NewComm Wireless Services (debtor).
- Representation of a majority bondholder in connection with a complex US$500 million out-of-court restructuring of a cable television and communications service provider.