David I. Greenberger
is an experienced litigator and counselor devoted to providing personalized attention, focused strategies and vigorous advocacy. His practice focuses on employment, business tort, contractual, commercial and regulatory matters. The hundreds of individuals and entities he has represented over the course of his career come from a wide variety of industries, including: financial services, hedge fund, private equity, consulting, health care, technology, marketing, fashion, beauty and insurance.
David regularly litigates in the federal and state courts, securities industry and non-securities industry arbitrations, and regulatory forums. Representative matters include:
- Compensation and employment disputes, including wrongful termination;
- Defamation, tortious interference, breach of fiduciary duty and similar tort claims;
- Breach of contract claims;
- Discrimination and retaliation claims;
- Whistleblower claims;
- Regulatory inquiries, enforcement actions, and internal investigations;
- Unfair competition and theft of trade secret allegations including under the Defend Trade Secrets Act;
- Restrictive covenants (non-compete, non-solicit and confidentiality covenants);
- Investor fraud and mismanagement claims;
- Indemnification claims;
- Copyright infringement; and
- Deceptive trade practices and false advertising.
Among other successes, David was lead trial counsel in an arbitration in which the tribunal granted a seven figure award to David’s client on a tortious interference with business relationship claim.
David also has a proven track record as an appellate advocate. He has served as the lead appellate attorney in more than a dozen matters. This experience specifically includes numerous oral arguments in the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the Appellate Division, First Judicial Department, and oral argument before the NYSE Regulations, Inc. Board of Directors; as well as briefing in the Supreme Court of the United States and the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Understanding that not every case is tried to conclusion, David strives to negotiate favorable resolutions of matters, directly and through mediation, whenever possible.
Outside of litigation, David assists clients with various commercial contracts, employment agreements, separation agreements, confidentiality agreements and restrictive covenants. He also counsels clients on regulatory issues in the financial services industry.
David has been voted by his peers as one of the New York Metropolitan Area’s Super Lawyers in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
Prior to joining Bailey Duquette, P.C. as a partner in 2016, David was a partner at another New York City law firm, where he worked for 16 years (11 as a partner). While at that firm, David served as its lead appellate attorney, and hiring partner.